Sunday, July 29, 2012

Day 43: The Dark Knight


Day 43: The Dark Knight

On Friday we got on an air plane and headed out to Fortaleza. Something I like about travelling in Brazil is that security is not as annoying. It was forever to get through security in the United States, but not as long in Brazil.

Getting enough taxis to take us to our hotel took a while; I don’t think the girl at the front desk understood what we wanted.  When we finally got to our hotel, it was really interesting. It had a small kitchen and living room; we hadn’t had that in any of the other hotels we have stayed in.

Later that night we went to watch The Dark Knight Rises. The theater is inside the mall. In brazil, the women dress up really nicely to go to the mall, so my friends and I did our make up and put on nicer clothes so that we would blend in better with the Brazilians.

It was interesting because as we were standing in line, a guy was like “I like your hat” to my friend Mitch; he was wearing a BYU hat. I automatically thought that was weird, and then he started talking to us in English and he said he graduated from BYU and that he was doing some work for his masters in Fortaleza. We talked to him for a bit and it was cool, the small world syndrome.

The Dark Knight Rises is definitely not my favorite movie, but Brazilians seem to love it. They really love anything that is very American it seems. 

No comments:

Post a Comment