Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day 49: Last Day


 Day 49: Last Day

By this point, I was so dizzy from the swaying boats and the swaying apartment that I just wanted to sit down on land and not move for days, but there were still things that needed to be done.

We got on a boat and went to were the rivers meet. That does not sound that exiting, but one of the drivers is dark water and the other river had white water, and they don’t mix. They just stand there, next to each other not mixing. The guide said it was because a lot of different reasons: different temperatures, different densities, different materials that contaminate the water. Either way, it was really cool to see the water just standing next to each other.

Later that day we went and we went to a floating restaurant on the river. But before we ate we saw some giant lily pads. It is said that one strong one can hold the weight of a man. The ones we saw were pretty weak because there had been a huge flood that destroyed most of them, but it was still cool to see how huge they were, like 3 feet across.

We also saw monkeys and fed them, it was awesome. I was too nervous to feed them so I just took peoples pictures.

Later that night the group went on a night walk into the jungle by the hotel, I decided to stay home. I was so dizzy from the boat drives and things that I just needed to stay in one place.

Later that night we had our good bye party. I gave out awards to the people in our group, some of the funniest were, most gangster, best at choosing between good and bad choices, nicest person ever, and the one I got was most likely to be scared of everything.

After the awards and after Cindy’s amazing video presentation, we had a dance party. It was fun to each the boys how to dance, and it was fun to see how some of them actually enjoyed it.

It was a fantastic trip, and I am going to miss this group, a lot.  








No comments:

Post a Comment